Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's Ultimate Song: 2013 Edition

countrymusicfan15

Or what if we were given a list of 20-25 artists and we each submitted our top 3 (or 5) favorite songs by each artist?! Would be fun to see what the overall favorites are.

Not gonna lie, aside from Carrie and a handful of songs, I haven't been all that crazy about recent country hits for the past few years lol

Burst

Thinking of starting to post the results tomorrow! (That is, if I'm not too busy, which I could be...) It'll be the 1-year birthday of Blown Away, so it'll be a good day to start. Everything's looking good so far, and a lot of songs are in a much different place than they were last time. But any last minute submissions are welcome. :D

Burst

Okay, I was lazy and started putting things together much later than I thought I would've.
But still, I hope to post songs 67-60 tonight, so they should be up in a little bit. :)

Burst

jS2vXhD.png

Welcome to the 2013 edition of Carrie's Ultimate Song where we, as a group of Carrie's most devoted (and sometimes insane) fans, vote to determine what Carrie's best song of all time is. This was done roughly a year ago, only a few months after the release of Blown Away, and, unsurprisingly, Blown Away was crowned the victor (by a rather large margin, might I add). Will Blown Away be the victor again this year? Or will a new song take the crown. We'll find out in a few days.

First up tonight will be the songs that ranked from 67 to 60. These songs all had averages below six, and were the only songs to have such low averages. But which song will be eliminated first? Will it be Mama's Song like last year? Results are coming up soon!

Burst

jS2vXhD.png

220px-Carriesomehearts.jpg

Inside Your Heaven
Average: 4.764705882
Rank in 2012: #58/59
Highest Score: 8 (carriesfan123, conorlovescarrie:))
Lowest Score: 0 (allamericangirl8)

Carries first official entry into the musical world... is trashed by her on fans. It's not that bad of a song, but definitely not a song that sticks out in her catalog as one of her best. Funny enough, her "worst" song is the only one that hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was completely slaughtered, being the only song with an average of less than 5.

220px-Playon.jpg

Unapologize
Average: 5.294117647
Rank in 2012: #55/59
Highest Score: 8 (ydumarp)
Lowest Score: 0 (allamericangirl8, Burst)

Play On takes its first hit as Unapologize moves from 5th last to 2nd last. The song itself isn't necessarily terrible, it just seems to go on, and on, and on. And then it's over. Just kidding, there's a random instrumental that comes out of nowhere and doesn't let the song end. One of my 5 personal zeroes, I'm not too sad to see it go.

220px-Playon.jpg

Play On
Average: 5.417647059
Rank in 2012: #54/59
Highest Score: 10 (Gabeagabe)
Lowest Score: 0 (Burst)

Play On takes its second hit as the title track is sent packing. Like Unapologize, it also moves down three spots (taking into account the songs added this year) compared to last year. It's one of Carrie's worst songs. The lyrics aren't bad, but the delivery could've been better. The last minute of the song is basically just "PLAY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" six or seven times until the song's finally done. Another song I'm happy is out fast.

6b8ded20e368fee5aaa333acb29168ffb1e985a1

Is It Still Over (with Randy Travis)
Average: 5.53125
Rank in 2012: N/A
Highest Score: 9.5 (gocountrymusic)
Lowest Score: 0 (carriesfan123)

The first collaboration makes its way out as Is It Still Over? is punched out in 64th. It's Carrie's weakest collaboration in my opinion, and it's one of her weaker songs. Not that it's bad, it just pales in comparison to her other masterpieces.

In the next update songs #63-#61 will be revealed!

Burst

jS2vXhD.png

7509511.jpg

The More Boys I Meet
Average: 5.547058824
Rank in 2012: #56/59
Highest Score: 8.5 (countrymusicfan15)
Lowest Score: 0 (Burst, bubbasummer)

The first Carnival Ride track gets the boot as her worst song ever leaves. Seriously, the worst. I understand what she's going for, and it's cute and all, but it's so cheesy. And I'm a guy, so I can't relate in the slightest to it. At all. Should've been out earlier, bye.

Whenever You Remember
Average: 5.60625
Rank in 2012: #46/59
Highest Score: 8 (NC State Carrie Fan)
Lowest Score: 0 (maddkat)

Whenever You Remember moves down quite a lot from the last time we did this, as it had a not bad showing last time. The song's constantly underrated. It's far from her best, but it's far from her worst, so I'm surprised it's down again.

We're Young and Beautiful
Average: 5.675
Rank in 2012: #57/59
Highest Score: 9 (allamericangirl8, Carrieflattsfan)
Lowest Score: 0 (carriesfan123)

Another upbeat track gets the boot as We're Young and Beautiful leaves. It's a good party song, but it pales in comparison to her other upbeats like Cowboy Casanova, Songs Like This, Undo It, and Good Girl. The second Some Hearts track in a row leaves, making the album the only one with three eliminations.

Tomorrow, we'll get into the top sixty and see the first Blown Away track get eliminated, as well as songs from every album, and some other tracks as well. Stay tuned. :)

Tracks Remaining:
Some Hearts: 11/14
2. Wasted
3. Don't Forget to Remember Me
4. Some Hearts
5. Jesus, Take the Wheel
6. The Night Before (Life Goes On)
7. Lessons Learned
8. Before He Cheats
9. Starts With Goodbye
10. I Just Can't Live a Lie
12. That's Where it Is
14. I Ain't in Checotah Anymore

Carnival Ride: 13/14
15. Flat on the Floor
16. All-American Girl
17. So Small
18. Just a Dream
19. Get Out of This Town
20. Crazy Dreams
21. I Know You Won't
22. Last Name
23. You Won't Find This
24. I Told You So
26. Twisted
27. Wheel of the World
28. Sometimes You Leave (bonus)

Play On: 11/13
29. Cowboy Casanova
30. Quitter
31. Mama's Song
32. Change
33. Undo It
34. Someday When I Stop Loving You
35. Songs Like This
36. Temporary Home
37. This Time
38. Look at Me
40. What Can I Say

Blown Away: 14/14
42. Good Girl
43. Blown Away
44. Two Black Cadillacs
45. See You Again
46. Do You Think About Me
47. Forever Changed
48. Nobody Ever Told You
49. One Way Ticket
50. Thank God For Hometowns
51. Good in Goodbye
52. Leave Love Alone
53. Cupid's Got a Shotgun
54. Wine After Whiskey
55. Who Are You

Other tracks: 11/12
56. Home Sweet Home
57. Ever Ever After
58. Praying For Time
59. I'll Stand By You
60. There's a Place For Us
61. You're Looking at Country
62. How Great Thou Art (studio, not live)
63. Remind Me (with Brad Paisley)
64. Oh Love (with Brad Paisley)
65. It Had To Be You (with Tony Bennett)
67. Can't Stop Loving You (with Aerosmith)

Carrieflattsfan

It's fun to see how the rankings have changed since the last countdown; I love that you included scores from the last time, too.

I'm in agreement with most of these, especially IYH and Whenever You Remember.

"Unapologize" and TMBIM have never clicked for me.

"Play On" and "Is It Still Over?" are just...there.

WYAB WAS ROBBED. :(

NC State Carrie Fan

What do the two previous rankings stand for? Like why are there two? and glad to see Mama's Song wasnt elimanted first! And dang...lowest score I gave was a 4 and i thought you guys would crucify me for it!

Burst

What do the two previous rankings stand for? Like why are there two? and glad to see Mama's Song wasnt elimanted first! And dang...lowest score I gave was a 4 and i thought you guys would crucify me for it!

The previous ranking is what place the song came in last year when we did this.
And I was so shocked that Mama's Song wasn't last again. Good for it. :)