Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

Zach1998

Thank you. I had an opinion that was different than everyone else's maybe I did come off strong but everyone automatically labeled me a troll and that's not fair. If anythingi I was trying to bring positivity to this site.

No problem. Your initial comment though came across a little condescending of other’s on this site too though whether it was intended to or not. Just want everyone to be respectful of others even if they have different opinions that you.

Just got caught up with this thread and like stated initially, I don't think it is quite right to blame this on people not being as fond of Carrie. Look at the stats for the CP Tour...I forget the source, but there was an article that explained how Carrie's tours grow in revenue and attendance with time. That shows that more people are actually interested in seeing Carrie. I can't even take country radio too seriously these days...why would I even want to listen to FGL, autotuned LB, so on and so forth when I can just stream? All of us on this site want what is best for Carrie, and I do think this era truly died following the CMA Awards, kind of for Carrie and for the fans. Regardless, I am 100% ready to support Carrie by streaming and buying the heck out of her Christmas album when it comes out, and hopefully we get information with even a release date or the title in the coming weeks!

jaymiee

Top 10 is still great! Didnt Miranda go several years without cracking top 10? And now Bluebird is likely to hit #1 so it doesnt mean its the end of the road for Carrie. Again her own words were this album was not written for radio and she still managed 4 top 10 singles without "trying" id say that is amazing!

Also does anyone know why it drops so fast? Like does the label stop paying stations and they just dont play it anymore? I guess i dont really understand how that works

NC State Carrie Fan

It's not better if it isn't earned. And many of these songs hitting #1 haven't earned it, in my opinion.
I strongly feel this sentiment and have for years. There are so many times I see a song hits #1 and I am like??? I have never even heard of this song I listen to 80% country music lol. There needs to be some kind of balanced chart that is not like HCS where Meant To Be is #1 for 7 years but also not where there is a new #1 weekly and it is always the same people even if the song is an absolute flop (Move by Luke Bryan comes to mind).

I Hope - SITW - Beautiful Crazy. These songs come to mind are ones that performed well in all categories and were deserving of a #1.

CU4ever

Just got caught up with this thread and like stated initially, I don't think it is quite right to blame this on people not being as fond of Carrie. Look at the stats for the CP Tour...I forget the source, but there was an article that explained how Carrie's tours grow in revenue and attendance with time. That shows that more people are actually interested in seeing Carrie. I can't even take country radio too seriously these days...why would I even want to listen to FGL, autotuned LB, so on and so forth when I can just stream? All of us on this site want what is best for Carrie, and I do think this era truly died following the CMA Awards, kind of for Carrie and for the fans. Regardless, I am 100% ready to support Carrie by streaming and buying the heck out of her Christmas album when it comes out, and hopefully we get information with even a release date or the title in the coming weeks!

I agree with this. It felt like that night was supposed to be the grand finale of the era with a big expected win...and when it was such a crushing blow, I completely understand basically all promo/momentum for era from Carrie & co & the fans stopping. I think we're all just ready to move on to a new era, that is hopefully managed much differently

CU4ever

Carrie is gonna surprise us all and release EUTY as the last single.

I was wondering about this. With recording really kind of being shut down, labels may reach a point where they need some more music to release if the artist didn't make anything new yet. I know the possibility is probably ~5%, but I wouldn't be totally surprised

NC State Carrie Fan

I'll argue to the day I die that Backsliding would have gone #1. Lol

Same. Backsliding imo was the best song off CP and I think perfect for radio and it kills me that people will not get to hear it unless they go listen to the whole album.

Also I know people have said artists may want a dead period for excitement in between eras to grow, but I just will never understand this. Like why not just put out a single #5 and let it do what it does while you are recording the next album and working on that so there is not just a complete dead period. I know people would want promo and stuff but you dont HAVE to do all of those things. I know for those of us that were around in 2010-12, the drought between Play On and Blown Away was miserable and I think could have been shortened by a few months if we had a single 5. Cowboy Casanova was released just a few months after I Told You So peaked and it still slayed.

I think EUWY would do well on pop radio and probably not as well on country because it is so pop but the streaming numbers are already great! Release it as a single and rack some streams up. What do you have to lose you know?

CU4ever

Same. Backsliding imo was the best song off CP and I think perfect for radio and it kills me that people will not get to hear it unless they go listen to the whole album.

Also I know people have said artists may want a dead period for excitement in between eras to grow, but I just will never understand this. Like why not just put out a single #5 and let it do what it does while you are recording the next album and working on that so there is not just a complete dead period. I know people would want promo and stuff but you dont HAVE to do all of those things. I know for those of us that were around in 2010-12, the drought between Play On and Blown Away was miserable and I think could have been shortened by a few months if we had a single 5. Cowboy Casanova was released just a few months after I Told You So peaked and it still slayed.

I think EUWY would do well on pop radio and probably not as well on country because it is so pop but the streaming numbers are already great! Release it as a single and rack some streams up. What do you have to lose you know?

Agree. Backsliding was my favorite as well and I think would've been a solid #1 on both charts. It was ear candy, so radio friendly IMO. I think it could also still do well as a fifth single, even after DA. it's that good.

I think a lot of the songs on this album, maybe half, could have done great on pop. Without remixing or anything. I'd argue they could even released The Champion fully to pop radio with how amazingly well it sold, but it might be too old now

I agree with the whole dead time period thing as a whole. It can get extremely boring, but I do think that it is important to have some type of distinction between albums/ eras/ tours (not like between Play On and Blown Away by any means). I feel like album releases and new single releases can seem always continuous and just expected with certain artists. I don’t think we are going to have to worry about this too much though because the Christmas Album is definitely going to keep her name out there.

I’m editing and adding that from a streaming perspective another single would be worth it though for sure!

Farawayhills

The Beatles certainly did sing country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWJMO5BT6XQ

Three of the Beatles (Lennon, McArtney and Harrison) all belonged earlier to a Skiffle/Rockabilly band called the Quarrymen, which was inspired by the Country-led musical phase in the UK headed by Lonnie Donegan - which drew on early Hillbilly Rock influences going back to Uncle Dave Macon in the 1920s. They were also admirers of Buddy Holley. Later they became friendly with Buck Owens, and used to exchange demos with him.

The Rolling Stones also had Country Music links, mainly through Keith Richards' friendship with Gram Parsons.

The reason why links like that are often overlooked is that people often tend to think only of the Mainstream Country associated with later chart radio, and tend to be less aware of the wider spectrum of Country musical forms.

Zach1998

Took a look at the new call out that came out yesterday just for the heck of it and must say if it wasn't for that extremely high negative on Drinking Alone, the rest of the callout looked decent. I mean its favorite rate was the third highest out of all the songs on the score.

pkslongbeach

I always love when they decide to extend her era by one more single. In this case, I would say they will rest and wait for the Xmas album. We want people to be excited to hear new Carrie. And hopefully she will have an original Christmas song that will get promoted at pop and AC. If they don't plan to promote the Xmas album at mainstream radio, there is not much reason to do it except for fans.
Fingers crossed that they plan a big promo for the Xmas album with maybe even a variety show to promote it!!

CU4ever

Took a look at the new call out that came out yesterday just for the heck of it and must say if it wasn't for that extremely high negative on Drinking Alone, the rest of the callout looked decent. I mean its favorite rate was the third highest out of all the songs on the score.

I also think radio themselves liked it. There were a few weeks when it really took off and was doing super well. Then the scores came in, and bam. Stops dead in its tracks