Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Drinking Alone' chart updates

June11

Never understood why everyone on here has a mega meltdown when her singles aren't a smash hit. That seems to be the only thing people on here focus on doesn't even matter if the song is good or not. We are all Carrie fans but the desire for l her songs to be successful is ridiculous. Never seen a fanbase act like this. I don't understand why people can't enjoy her music rather its successful or not, if she was a flop or an indie artist the vast majority of you wouldn't be here.
Just enjoy the music man. Everytime she releases a single the first thing everyone is worried is its success. It's just odd.
Enjoy the damn music....yall more worried about Carrie's success than she is honestly.

Sure, her singles "underperformed" compared to her other work, but how many females on radio would kill to have the success she had even this era !!! Theres so many females trying to get played on radio.
She had I believe 4 top 10 hits this era, that is still VERY good, but in typical fashion of this site everyone harbors on the negative.
It's time to be realistic, even huge artists like Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande dont get a #1 single everytime. Carrie is no different, period.
As for the reason(s) why she isnt getting as much radio airplay? Not sure it could be a host's of reasons maybe people are just not that into Carrie anymore it happens all the time with big artists theres so much music out there.

Last edited:

Farawayhills

Although it is certainly updated, the general musical style that Carrie references in "Southbound" goes back a long way. It's probably passed down through Hank Williams (whom Carrie references in a couple of other songs on the album). But the basic musical style of this type of song goes back at least to a traditional Cajun number called "Grand Texas" (if interested, you can hear a version here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz7OfVdIG48

I think Southbound was always the single likely to do best on radio - the fact that, as a type, it already draws on a long track record in Country Music; the Summer theme; the avoidance of any very bold experimentation; the happy mood suggested by the lyrics - it could almost be regarded as the album's "insurance policy" for a strong chance at a high chart placing. It may not prove, in the long run, to be one of Carrie's most memorable career songs, but it served its purpose - and did so in a spirited, well performed and relatable way.

I certainly feel, though, that this era should be best thought of as, above all, an album era. The fact that the other singles may not have met fan expectations in terms of their chart performance should not obscure the reality that this was Carrie's boldest release yet - and I believe, her most stylistically interesting, with some remarkably strong songs. As her first official co-production release, it's fair to assume that it also spoke strongly of her own views on how she wanted her creativity to progress. To wish that she goes back to some previous style may, therefore risk short-changing her own creative vision - and may also risk trapping her in a repetitive cycle of yesterday's hits. I think her albums have always been mixed, and will continue to be so - there is certainly room for playing to her established strengths. But I think she will increasingly need to keep pushing the boundaries and releasing experimental songs too. As people have said, she is now at the cusp of a more mature career stage - in a world where radio's fickle attitude to established female artists, in particular, cannot guarantee chart placings. I don't think we need fear that hits won't ever come again - but I do think that we are at the stage where an era of four or five almost automatic chart toppers has to be regarded as wishful thinking. For that reason - as well as for her own artistic ambition - I think she needs to ensure that her mixed albums continue to be innovative and worthy of her real and developing carer progression

simonplay

Never understood why everyone on here has a mega meltdown when her singles aren't a smash hit. That seems to be the only thing people on here focus on doesn't even matter if the song is good or not. We are all Carrie fans but the desire for l her songs to be successful is ridiculous. Never seen a fanbase act like this. I don't understand why people can't enjoy her music rather its successful or not, if she was a flop or an indie artist the vast majority of you wouldn't be here.
Just enjoy the music man. Everytime she releases a single the first thing everyone is worried is its success. It's just odd.
Enjoy the damn music....yall more worried about Carrie's success than she is honestly.

Sure, her singles "underperformed" compared to her other work, but how many females on radio would kill to have the success she had even this era !!! Theres so many females trying to get played on radio.
She had I believe 4 top 10 hits this era, that is still VERY good, but in typical fashion of this site everyone harbors on the negative.
It's time to be realistic, even huge artists like Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande dont get a #1 single everytime. Carrie is no different, period.
As for the reason(s) why she isnt getting as much radio airplay? Not sure it could be a host's of reasons maybe people are just not that into Carrie anymore it happens all the time with big artists theres so much music out there.

Well, when you love someone, you want that person to be successful in what she/he does. There is nothing wrong with that. You are new here but this is our thing since the beginning lol, we want always the best of the best for Carrie, this is her forum and the place were we can discuss Carrie things to death. :p

June11

Well, when you love someone, you want that person to be successful in what she/he does. There is nothing wrong with that. You are new here but this is our thing since the beginning lol, we want always the best of the best for Carrie, this is her forum and the place were we can discuss Carrie things to death. :p

I get that and that's fair but its just unrealistic. Look at Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Madonna.etc not all of there albums and singles were successful. Its just how it is

simonplay

I get that and that's fair but its just unrealistic. Look at Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Madonna.etc not all of there albums and singles were successful. Its just how it is

Let us be unrealistic then, we enjoy it! (For the most part) :p

countrymusicfan15

I don’t think anyone was asking you to understand our crazy fandom. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to take part in it. Based on your number of posts it seems like you just stopped by to stir the pot anyway.

June11

I don’t think anyone was asking you to understand our crazy fandom. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to take part in it. Based on your number of posts it seems like you just stopped by to stir the pot anyway.

I'm a carrie fan and I have been reading this site for a few years now, and I'm sorry just because I dont live on here and post 247 doesnt mean I am trying to stir the pot. Everyone is allowed an opinion and I am expressing mine.

maddkat

Staff member

Words of advise... you do you enjoy the music or whatever, and let everyone else on the site do what they want to do. How's that.

DA drops to #14 (-81/-.278)
14 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Drinking Alone 4552 4855 -303 24.926

this will be the last daily update for DA

NC State Carrie Fan

Words of advise... you do you enjoy the music or whatever, and let everyone else on the site do what they want to do. How's that.

This is always so sad :(

#Justice4Backsliding

June11

Yeah, and you give snarky comments whenever someone doesn't agree with you. I've noticed this alot on here or the thread gets locked.

Zach1998

Anyways... As much as I would’ve liked DA to go #1 given how radio took to this era added with the lack of promo from the label, I guess it’s a plus it peaked around where the first two singles did. I’d even go out to say that it could be viewed as bigger chart wise than those since it was a fourth single and not the first or second (the first two singles always have the most hype because they’re newest.) No shade to anyone on this forum as I’ve seen it with more than one poster but I will say one thing that could be worked on is to be open to opinions that differ from yours; even if you don’t necessarily agree with them and certainly don’t be petty if you’re in a disagreement with someone; we’re all adults, no need for any of that.

June11

Anyways... As much as I would’ve liked DA to go #1 given how radio took to this era added with the lack of promo from the label, I guess it’s a plus it peaked around where the first two singles did. I’d even go out to say that it could be viewed as bigger chart wise than those since it was a fourth single and not the first or second (the first two singles always have the most hype because they’re newest.) No shade to anyone on this forum as I’ve seen it with more than one poster but I will say one thing that could be worked on is to be open to opinions that differ from yours; even if you don’t necessarily agree with them and certainly don’t be petty if you’re in a disagreement with someone; we’re all adults, no need for any of that.

Thank you. I had an opinion that was different than everyone else's maybe I did come off strong but everyone automatically labeled me a troll and that's not fair. If anythingi I was trying to bring positivity to this site.

gwade82

Maybe just maybe it's because Carrie is actually a great singer where as country radio continues to make songs buy so called country singers #1 after #1 who cannot sing better than a frog.

gwade82

They were stars, some as much as 55 years, and none of they ever sang country.

June11

They were stars, some as much as 55 years, and none of they ever sang country.

I can name a long list of country singers that this has happened to. Carrie is very talented and deserves all the success she has but that doesn't mean everyone thinks of her that way I'm just saying.

gwade82

Sorry I have no concept of how to be open. I believe what I believe .Always have and always will. I believe on this fansite that will always be pro Carrie in every aspect. I hope that someone anyone here can be open to an old fart set in his ways. I love everyone who believes everything that I say they should believe. I am open to that. Does that work ? Ha Ha Ha.

gwade82

I can name a long list of country singers that this has happened to. Carrie is very talented and deserves all the success she has but that doesn't mean everyone thinks of her that way I'm just saying.

You appear to be much more informed than I am musically, but I really like my humor. Ha Ha I make myself laugh. Welcome and enjoy.