Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NHL Thread (formerly Screw The NHL!!)

william0102

I'm so ready for hockey, and hopefully no injuries for Mike. Its a good thing I have next to no tv shows I watch- what with college bball and hockey now lol.

JB172

According to the Tennessean, the Preds will play their first two games at home on the 19th against Columbus and on the 21st against St. Louis.

With the short season there will be a lot of games every other day and a lot of 3 games in 4 nights.

buckeyecarriefan

According to the Tennessean, the Preds will play their first two games at home on the 19th against Columbus and on the 21st against St. Louis.

With the short season there will be a lot of games every other day and a lot of 3 games in 4 nights.

I saw a report that they're opening with a lot of rivalries, so Columbus-Nashville makes sense. Supposedly Chicago and Detroit are playing, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, games like that.

buckeyecarriefan

The shortened season and only playing conference teams is going to KILL Detroit and Columbus. Every road game they play except the ones against each other will be in a different time zone.....

And since Winnipeg is still in the Southeast, they don't get to play the teams closest to them(Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota) at all.

mlawlor

This is more of a Carrie moment, but I just saw an ad for an NHL show on TSN where they show the Toronto Air Canada Centre centre ice scoreboard logo from ice level, and I felt nostalgic because I was right in the same spot when I saw Carrie in December haha.

JB172

The shortened season and only playing conference teams is going to KILL Detroit and Columbus. Every road game they play except the ones against each other will be in a different time zone.....

And since Winnipeg is still in the Southeast, they don't get to play the teams closest to them(Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota) at all.

You can add Nashville to the Detroit and Columbus, the Preds have the slight one hour time difference working for them but the travel miles is not much different.

JB172

Jeff's boy Pierre is doing college hockey on the NBC Sports Network, I hope he doesn't miss it.

Ok, I want to go see a game at Princeton, that place looks incredible.

buckeyecarriefan

You can add Nashville to the Detroit and Columbus, the Preds have the slight one hour time difference working for them but the travel miles is not much different.

They really need to just suck it up and approve the division changes that were proposed last year. Those were about perfect.

JB172

They really need to just suck it up and approve the division changes that were proposed last year. Those were about perfect.

I liked the realignment plan.

With the conference only scheduling, divisonal teams are going to be even more tired of seeing each other than they usually are.

boilermaker

Wow preds on the road for 2 weeks after the first 2 games at home. That road trip will determine their season with it being so short. Good news is all the home games they have at the end of the season.

JB172

Wow preds on the road for 2 weeks after the first 2 games at home. That road trip will determine their season with it being so short. Good news is all the home games they have at the end of the season.

With everyone playing nothing but conference games it makes all the games that much more important.

buckeyecarriefan

Was really hoping the Chicago-Detroit season opener rumor was true. Instead we get St. Louis. I still fail to get excited.

That said, they're on NBCSN the 21st. I bet anything I'll be watching that lol.

jeff

just another fan
just drafted Pekka Rinne with my first pick in my first fantasy draft this season. so i guess i have to root for the preds since Wins is a goalie stat in fantasy hockey

JB172

With the season only being 48 games trying to pick all sixteen teams to make the playoffs is just to hard to do but I do have my conference title and Stanley Cup picks.

East

Pens over Rangers

West

Blues over Canucks

Stanley Cup

Pens over Blues