Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIAA Aug. 10 Certification

teesharky

Ha! Take that Cmas and Salad gate! A tomato is the top selling country artist! And yet she is somehow not worthy of EOTY? Lmao

AdamJ

Ha! Take that Cmas and Salad gate! A tomato is the top selling country artist! And yet she is somehow not worthy of EOTY? Lmao

Right on---preach it sista..........A HUGE congrats to Carrie for an amazing 10 years of hard work and pure talent. Proud to be a fan.

CarrieAddicted

I hope they certify Blown Away album 2x Platinum SOON!!!

GOSH! 1.8 million!! Why can't they certify it 2x Platinum?????

Look how great it sounds; "all albums certifed Multi-Platinum".

Come on, Goodman!!!

Pi314CA

I would like to see the label get Carrie's Canadian certifications. Carrie has at least half a dozen waiting to be submitted.

jaks_weyn

And Carrie is 12th overall in digital singles.. Above Beyonce by 4 million... Who is the EOTY again???

terilyn

CarrieUnderwood28MillionDigitalSinglePresentation.jpg

This is great news and no GO in the picture! Carrie w/new regime.,

ramb

Really proud of Carrie!

BA is one of her best singles. It really showed a different side of her, and is definitly a signature song for her.

Hopefully the new single will sell huge :)

maddkat

Staff member
Could someone show a list of the top sellers?

here's some
RIHANNA100
SWIFT, TAYLOR89.5
PERRY, KATY80.5
WEST, KANYE47.5
LADY GAGA39.5
BIEBER, JUSTIN35
EMINEM34
LIL WAYNE33
FLO RIDA32.5
MARS, BRUNO29
DRAKE29
UNDERWOOD, CARRIE28
BEYONCE24
MINAJ, NICKI24
ALDEAN, JASON23.5
BLACK EYED PEAS, THE22
ADELE22
DERULO, JASON21.5
SHELTON, BLAKE21.5
FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE20
FALL OUT BOY19.5
LMFAO18
BRYAN, LUKE16.5
MCGRAW, TIM16
IMAGINE DRAGONS16
GOMEZ, SELENA & THE SCENE15
CHESNEY, KENNY15
MAROON 515
LADY ANTEBELLUM14.5
GRANDE, ARIANA14.5
PAISLEY, BRAD14.5
WIZ KHALIFA13.5
ONE DIRECTION13.5
AKON13.5
MACKLEMORE AND RYAN LEWIS13
JAY Z13
FUN.13
TRAIN12.5
SHEERAN, ED12
GUETTA, DAVID12
NELLY11.5
MRAZ, JASON11.5
LAMBERT, MIRANDA11.5
THE BAND PERRY11.5
TIMBERLAKE, JUSTIN11
FRAY, THE11
CYRUS, MILEY11
KEITH, TOBY11
ONEREPUBLIC11
LINKIN PARK11
LEGEND, JOHN10.5
PERRI, CHRISTINA10.5
CLARKSON, KELLY10
T.I.10
LOVATO, DEMI10
TIMBALAND10
PARAMORE10
TREY SONGZ9.5
RASCAL FLATTS9.5
KE$HA9
IGLESIAS, ENRIQUE9
CRUZ, TAIO9
JEPSEN, CARLY RAE9
JAY Z AND KANYE WEST9
TYGA8.5
HAYES, HUNTER8.5
KID CUDI8.5
CHURCH, ERIC8.5
THE KILLERS8
BON JOVI8
FERGIE8
ZAC BROWN BAND8
QUEEN8
3 DOORS DOWN8
GOULDING, ELLIE8
GOTYE8
SHAKIRA7.5
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS7.5
SEAN, JAY7.5
MUMFORD & SONS7.5
LAVIGNE, AVRIL7.5
PLAIN WHITE T'S7
URBAN, KEITH7
GILBERT, BRANTLEY7
THE WEEKND7
FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE7
COLDPLAY7
BAREILLES, SARA7
DJ KHALED7
THE SCRIPT7
SUGARLAND7
THICKE, ROBIN7
CAILLAT, COLBIE6.5
AWOLNATION6.5
FOSTER THE PEOPLE6.5
JEREMIH6.5
PITBULL6.5
NEON TREES6.5
NE-YO6.5
CAREY, MARIAH6

CarrieAddicted

5 more Platinum singles, including two multi-platinum, and Carrie can pass Justin Bieber, to become the 6th top-selling artist overall.

Fingers crossed the new era will do that!

Pi314CA

Now, I want an article from Billboard and/or Nielsen Soundscan publishing the sales of each of Carrie's singles...

PNGcarriefan95

Any other CU singles approaching Platinum or multi-platinum status? What are the sales for LN, TH, UI and CC? What about JAD? It was certified platinum, but maybe it's sales are closing in on 1.5million. The music video has 43.5 million views on Carrie's Vevo plus probably streams on other streaming sites, so that would help get it to 2x plat certification.

The Nanook

Assuming everyone above her sells nothing. I'll hope for top ten though.

I think it's likely that Carrie will get at least 4 or 5 more certifications from the new era. Assuming they release 4 singles, I think all four will go platinum, or some mix of the lead single going 2x Platinum and one single making Gold. From that, I think Carrie can pass Drake and maybe Flo Rida and Lil Wayne by the end of her next album era. The rappers seen to put out a lot of songs with all their featured singles, but not all of them do well so it's really up in the air. Carrie has been a lot more consistent. Pretty much everything Bruno Mars releases goes multiplatinum, so I don't expect Carrie to catch him unless he doesn't release anything for a while.

For those below Carrie, I think if Beyonce's next album is more pop friendly she might pose a threat sometime down the line. And if Adele smashes with her next album she'd probably be able to catch up pretty quick. Jason Aldean's pretty much on par with Carrie with each single going at least Gold or Platinum. So he might even take back the throne if his team does a batch of certifications too.