Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIAA Aug. 10 Certification

The Nanook

The caption for the image with Randy, Carrie, and RIAA's Cary from Hits Daily Double:

Sony Nashville chief Randy Goodman (l) and RIAA CEO Cary Sherman bestow a plaque on 19/Arista Nashville superstar Carrie Underwood certifying 28 million digital single sales (pertaining to 20 songs). Later, Randy and Carrie toasted her success with a glass of champagne, and gently requested that Cary stop yelling "Yee-haw."

lol

teesharky

Any other CU singles approaching Platinum or multi-platinum status? What are the sales for LN, TH, UI and CC? What about JAD? It was certified platinum, but maybe it's sales are closing in on 1.5million. The music video has 43.5 million views on Carrie's Vevo plus probably streams on other streaming sites, so that would help get it to 2x plat certification.

Cowboy Casanova was certified 2x Platinum a long time ago-- so it should be eligible for an upgrade at some point due to streaming.

JAD definitely could cross 2x platinum. I don't think LN, UI, or TH are near 2x platinum status yet.

The Nanook

Cowboy Casanova was certified 2x Platinum a long time ago-- so it should be eligible for an upgrade at some point due to streaming.

JAD definitely could cross 2x platinum. I don't think LN, UI, or TH are near 2x platinum status yet.

Not by a long shot. The latest numbers I found put CC's sales at 2,118,000. Let's just say 2.2 million. That's a long way off from 3x. Even with streaming (which is 100 streams = 1 sales toward certification) she would need a little over 80,000,000 U.S. streams of CC to get that remaining 800,000 of pure/streaming sales to a 3x platinum certification. It's at 20 million on Youtube and 11.6 million on Spotify for a total of 31.6 million. There are other platforms, but their figures are probably negligible. So even if all those streams were from the U.S., it would still need 48.4 million streams - more than double what it's currently at. That's not going to happen for a 6-year old single.

teesharky

^ bummer. Oh well. 2x Platinum is still pretty dang good.

I am really proud as a peacock today to see Carrie at number 1 for Both Men and Women in country. That is a BIG statement especially in the wake of Salad Gate and all the rumblings that men sell better than women because they are more popular. Not even close to being true.

I hope the radio programmers all take note of this-- that Carrie beat their precious men out-- even Jason Aldean who is a big digital seller.

Wish the CMAS would notice too- and give a damn. lol

Louisa

https://www.countryaircheck.com/art/41670

Wall Bling: Carrie Underwood
cwood.jpg
The RIAA reports 19/Arista's Carrie Underwood has reached 28 million in RIAA digital single certifications, making her the current top country artist on their Digital Single Ranking. Underwood's position was spurred by the recent gold certification of "Little Toy Guns" and the quadruple platinum certification of "Before He Cheats." More here.

adam1995

cwood.jpg
The RIAA reports 19/Arista's Carrie Underwood has reached 28 million in RIAA digital single certifications, making her the current top country artist on their Digital Single Ranking. Underwood's position was spurred by the recent gold certification of "Little Toy Guns" and the quadruple platinum certification of "Before He Cheats." More here.

They should really do a quick scan before releasing that. They said BHC got quadruple platinum, that's only 4x platinum, when RIAA says 5x platinum, which would be quintuple platinum.

bluetb4

cwood.jpg

So incredibly proud of Carrie....so honored to be one of her many, many fans. (sniff, sniff)

Pi314CA

They should really do a quick scan before releasing that. They said BHC got quadruple platinum, that's only 4x platinum, when RIAA says 5x platinum, which would be quintuple platinum.

They must have read your post, the correction have been made.

teesharky

^ Haha why not right? Believing in the power may beget the power. (smile)

Very cool that they fixed it so fast.

Kizmet311

I'd like to think I have that much power, but they probably caught it themselves. No, you know what, I choose to believe I have that much power, lol!

Hey, you never know! I once got quoted by an Ottawa newspaper when Mike was traded to Nashville. They picked up my post from CF, lol.

Pi314CA

Sales numbers (8/11/15):

GH1, sold 2400, total 381,800
LTG, sold 9000, total 413,000 (this means it sold 5k the previous week).

Ann055

CarrieAddicted

Not surprising at all to me. That's how they roll.

After her last performance before having Isaiah, one of the guy writers kept writing articles insinuating that Carrie is over - nothing else ever -

It was disgusting. Windmills got quite vocal about it (gosh, I love her).

Really? I don't recall RS articles insinuating that... Could you post a link?

BHC-5x
BA-3x
GG-2x
JTTW-2x
CC-2x
AAG-2x
RM-2x
wasted-1x
SS-1x
JAD-1x
LN-1x
ITYS-1x