Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women in Country Music

Momin

Momin, I love The Dreaming Fields! It reminds me so much of my grandfathers place, where we had such wonderful memories! It's on my playlist and I play it a lot!

I'm really glad to hear that. I also wanted to post "We Tried" from the same album, especially in light of Chris Stapleton's new album since he co-wrote the track with his wife and Liz Rose. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on YouTube.

rcramer

Very nice song from Trisha...... Her voice is so haunting as it is beautiful. I always loved her ballads..

Momin

Not sure if this will be available to everyone.
I'm so glad she got to make her Opry debut. Loved this performance and the concept of this song particularly.

Momin

Also, not sure how many of you are already aware of this song but it is definitely worth giving attention to. It's unlike anything on the radio right now and I wish it got more popularity. She has been performing this a lot lately and I have seen people responding to this on Twitter.

Momin

^I hope she really succeeds. Her previous single, Friend Zone, was just very unfortunate. I hope she can carve a path for herself afresh. This one's really better than Friend Zone.

maddkat

Staff member
this is the crap women still have to put up with in 2017...they don't like her boyfriend so she gets axed

@lindsayell
Had a scheduled performance in Sacramento today for listeners. The radio station has asked me not to come bc of my personal life. Sorry guys

meanwhile Aldean & other males have affairs and its all hunky dory #disgusted

abbeyjones18

The Washington Post just tweeted out an article about it. I can't post since I'm on my phone, so someone else is going to have to. But, wow, if it was the other way around, their would be no issue.

liz278

this is the crap women still have to put up with in 2017...they don't like her boyfriend so she gets axed

@lindsayell
Had a scheduled performance in Sacramento today for listeners. The radio station has asked me not to come bc of my personal life. Sorry guys

Sorry have to claim this as my town :-( It looks like (we have 3 country stations in town ) there were 2 stations that had her come play. I did see that KNCI-FM realized after the harsh replies to her tweet that they made a huge mistake.

@lindsayell

I read that story & I immediately felt sorry for Lindsay because I know she & Bobby look so happy together & to do that because she's dating the most powerful man in radio is just shameful & so unprofessional in my book!!Radio stations should be able to separate an artists personal life from their music & not get penalized for it,but unfortunately, we all know that's not how it works.I just hope they don't have to break up over this because seeing how happy Lindsay makes Bobby & to break them up would be so devastating to him!!She shouldn't also get penalized for being a woman in country music but once again,they do & it just makes me shake my head!!The playing field should be equal & level for women in country music because they have every right to be in country music as the men do!!

sco

Sorry have to claim this as my town :-( It looks like (we have 3 country stations in town ) there were 2 stations that had her come play. I did see that KNCI-FM realized after the harsh replies to her tweet that they made a huge mistake.

I really can't figure out what they were thinking. Did they think they didn't want her on because her boyfriend worked for a rival network or because they just didnt like him? It really makes no sense. I'm glad she stood up for herself and put them in their place. It really makes you wonder why any woman would choose to go into country music. The sexism is just so palpable. But I'm glad there are women out there willing to continue the battle

hjj

I heard Bobby Bones say on his show that he did not want to hold her back and would break up with her if it came to that.

Last edited: